Day 10 - Margaret River to Perth!! - 280 km

I made it to Perth!   A long time goal achieved, and arriving successfully was a good feeling!

Margaret River was very cold in the morning, clocking in at 1 degree when I left..  Like I said earlier, it didn't do much for me, and I was VERY READY to just get myself to Perth.  It was an amazing and exhausting 10 days.. set up as my test run before leaving the country, and learn anything I needed to add, or get rid of, as well as see how I went with the bike and camping..

I do have a little pile of things I want to send back, wish I could ditch more... I would like to travel light on one hand, but on the other, all that I have to live on for the next year or more, including my home and my bed.. is strapped to the bike!

Heading north from Margaret was a pretty drive and then stopped at Bunbury.. No good reason, just curious what it was like.. very much reminded me of Florida.  Lots of shops, palm trees, and overcrowded!!

Quickly moved on, but wasn't liking the highway much, so I took a more inland road the rest of the way..

Nice, easy going road, nobody in a hurry and if they were, plenty of passing lanes.

I got close to Perth and called my friend Robert, who I have never met before, but who offered me a place to throw my "bumroll", while in Perth as well as borrowing his mailing address for my mail to be forwarded to (Including my Australian Passport with Russian Visa inside - yay!!!)

It was wonderful after that journey to be met with a place to go and a smile...

A couple years ago, Robert (a recent import to Perth from Manchester UK), rode his push bike across America.. he wanted to "pay it forward" for the generosity people showed him on his journey, which is such a nice thing to do.  I am looking forward to paying it forward to travelers once I get home to Adelaide as well!

In the meantime, I am very lucky and grateful to have a place to stay here, while I get my bike sorted out and a wonderful tour guide and host to boot!  Plus he makes a mean English sandwich!! (of which I was told if I didn't like it, I was out the door... ;-) !!!  I like it, I like it!!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment