Perth West Australia - Shipping the bike

On Tuesday, Aaron from KTM got a mate of his to sort out my side stand problem.. I didn't get to meet him, but his name is Barney, and he owns Parnaby's Welding in Perth.  Barney Parnaby!  (I don't know how the name works out that way, but I like it!)  He was wonderfully kind, a Harley Rider, and did the work for free in support of my journey.. Thank you Barney!  What a good man..

Finally on Wednesday we are ready to put the bike in a crate and take it over to Dangerous Goods in prep for shipping on Qantas Airlines to Tokyo.


Panniers off, and handlebars, but all else is in tact.  They had a new crate just in from a shipment from Ducati, and it fit perfectly! (the extra bags you see around my bike is just gear, boots, helmet, etc.)

I'd like to add that Aaron treated me extremely well in the billing department too.  They did a heck of a lot of work for me (I was impressed with a bill a lot less than I expected), gave me a crate, and took it over to shipping for me in their ute.  I didn't have to do a thing!  I'm feeling a bit special and spoiled...
;-)!!!  Very unexpected!!

Load him up and take it away!

On the road again... (Willie Nelson), I just can't wait to get on the road again... in a box!

Off we go to Dangerous Goods.. which was quite simply just a form we filled out and paid $125.. nothing inspected which surprised me..

Then over to Qantas, with all the info they needed, we could finally book a spot on the plane to Narita Airport.  I was booked for June 18, but the bike could not be booked.  The system is to just turn it in and wait for an available space for cargo that large.

She didn't know my flight details, but said, "Well, the next available space we have is June 18 on QF 79"  That's my flight!!  Ha!  Even they said I am extremely lucky to get my bike on the same plane as me.

I'm scared to put this in words as I don't want it to jinx me, but everything is working out perfectly!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful, Sherri Jo. And as the 18th was yesterday, I hope you and the bike have arrived safely in Japan. Good luck with your travels - stay safe.
    Adelaide mumma

    ReplyDelete